Privacy and Cookies Notice
Who we are
Nick August is owner of August Farms.
Where we obtain your information from
We obtain information from a variety of sources including:
- If you visit our website, including information provided by filling in forms or requesting information via our website www.nickaugust.org or www.augustfarms.co.uk
- If you use our services, e.g. are a Client of Nick August, or of August Farms
- If you apply for a job with August Farms, or are a current or former employee
- If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence
When someone visits our website(s) we may collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various sections of the site, or in particular any different companies (as referred to above) within Tinderbox. We may make use of Google Analytics to collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Cookies – what are they?
A 'cookie' is a small text file that's stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
Cookies enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
By using our website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device, however you can block these cookies using your browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we use your information and who we share it with
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it. We do NOT sell or give your details to any other companies except to help prevent fraud or if required to do so by law. We do NOT share information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
Links to other websites
This Privacy and Cookies Notice does not cover any links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our Privacy and Cookies Notice under regular review. This notice was last updated in October 2016.